Collision Repair Technician
Sorry, this job has expired.
Paid holidays, Paid vacation, 401K / Retirement plan, Disability Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
ADESA Auto Auction in Plainfield has a high-volume body shop and we are now seeking Collision Repair Technicians.
Our body shop is a production line environment with each technician responsible for various stages of the repair process. In this position you will perform preparation work to damaged vehicles prior to painting. We even have skilled, senior technicians to assist in developing your collision repair skills.
We offer very competitive wages and a full benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401(k) with company match
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Paid holidays and paid vacations
• High school diploma or GED.
• 1-3 years previous experience in a paint and body environment.
• Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
• Must provide sufficient tools to perform the job.
• Provide prompt and courteous service to all persons with whom they come in contact.
• Maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with company policy.
• Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advise management of all serious complaints or incidents.
• Block, tape, paper, clean and prepare vehicles, remove and reinstall parts, may sand, mask and prime vehicles for the painting in accordance with auction and professional standards.
• Operate and be proficient with all tools required for the job.
• Maintain a constant and smooth flow of prepped vehicles for delivery to paint shop.
• Assist in overall general shop duties such as cleaning, driving, organizing vehicle parking and staging, etc.
• Practice and promote teamwork at all times.
• Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
Inform the Body Shop Supervisor or Manager of all equipment breakdowns and maintenance immediately.
• Ensure all shop area conditions are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety.
• Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee or customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property.
• Report all incidents to Body Shop Supervisor or Manager immediately per auction policy.
• Ability to frequently stoop and perform repetitive motions.
• Ability to withstand inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, body shop, painting and cleaning chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with body shop and paint operations.
• Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with occasional overtime on evenings and weekends.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.